The Yes on Measure SS: Protect Westminster Police, 911 and Essential City Services PAC raised $47,000 between the period of 7-1-2016 to 9-24-2016. Here are some interesting information:
- Cash Spent: $12,525.76
- Cash on Hand: $34,474.24
DONORS TO THIS PAC
- Diana Lee Carey: $5000
- Westminster Municipal Employees Association: $8,500
- Westminster Police Officers Association: $20,000
- Orange County Employees Association: $2,500
- Ginger Anderson: $5,000
- Hoi Quoc Doan: $3,000
- Tuan Viet Doan: $2,000
- Sergio Contreras for City Council: $1,000
Council Member Carey gave $5000 to Yes on SS on 8-4-2016. The Westminster POA then made the same $5,000 to the Diana Carey for City Council PAC on 9-12-2016. Why didn’t Carey just keep the personal $5,000 for her city council campaign and the POA could have make a $25,000 contribution to Yes on SS?
After 9-24-2016, the Yes on Measure SS also received the following contributions:
- Orange County Professional Firefighters Association: $5,000
- Long Beach Police Officers Association: $1,000
This lifted their total amount of money raised up to $53,000, for now.
According to the recent 460 form, the bulk of the spending went to purchasing campaign slates: CALSAL Voter Guide, Continuing the Republican Revolution, COPS Voter Guide, Educate Your Vote, Election Digest, Budget Watchdogs Newsletter, California Republican Taxpayers Association, California Voter Guide, and Voter Newsletter.