With the power of incumbency, Supervisor Andrew Do is outperforming his Democratic opponent Santa Ana Council Member Michele Martinez by a 3 to 1 margin in the chase for money. According to the latest financial report:
- Cash Raised Between Jul. 1 – Sept. 24: $283,753
- Cash Spent Between Jul. 1 – Sept. 24: $206,767.19
- Cash on Hand: $104,702.39
- Cash Raised Between Jul. 1 – Sept. 24: $90,225
- Cash Spent Between Jul. 1 – Sept. 24: $25,899.72
- Cash on Hand: $70,792.22
Many among the political insiders class speculated that this is a tossed-up race so some county vendors and lobbyists are hedging their bets. While Andrew Do is a far superior campaigner and Michele Martinez is anything but a stellar candidate, this race is coming down to voters turn out in the Latino and Vietnamese communities.
The other variable in this race is how much help can Martinez expect from the Orange County Professional Firefighters Association, or possibly the Orange County Employees Association, .